[Fsfe-ie] IFSO Meeting: Tuesday 16th August, 2000h, Mahaffey's Pub
malcoh0l at yahoo.ie
Mon Aug 15 10:49:11 CEST 2005
Tuesday is the third Tuesday of the month, so there will be a meeting
at 2000h in Mahaffey's pub:
Possible agenda items:
* IFSO business cards. A stack will be handed to any IFSO member in
* Issues: Patents, Enforcement, Data retention, etc.
- Should we divide into teams? We discussed it before, but it
didn't get anywhere
- Is data retention a free software issue? If not, perhaps we should
support another organisation's position, e.g. EDRI? There's a
petition. Should we sign it?
- Ciaran's suggested letter about copyright being used as a letter.
* It was suggested that IFSO join EDRI?
* There's word of an Irish EFF. What level of support can we offer?
* Beatriz Busaniche in town - Let us entertain her!
* Accounts (progress report)
- Teresa can't attend, so this may not be possible this month.
* Web page hasn't changed in a while, Malcolm!
- Also, where are the July minutes and notes from Ciaran's talk?
* Wiki could be merged into a possible FSFE wiki
- to move or not to move?
* IFSO in Brussels: communication, liason, etc.
* Software Freedom Day?? http://softwarefreedomday.org/ (Sep 10th)
* Anyone to attend CALIBRE conference? (Sep 9th)
These are taken from various discussion on the committee list. Some
of these topics need discussion on this list, so feel free to start
a thread if something looks interesting).
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new
Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com
More information about the FSFE-IE