[Fsfe-ie] Library applications

teresahackett at eircom.net teresahackett at eircom.net
Mon Aug 8 21:45:38 CEST 2005

This library software company claims to produce "open source" library
applications. The paragraph below indicates that they are not free
software. Is this what they mean by a "BSD-like" license?

Thanks if anyone can advise.
Teresa

"Our low-level protocol toolkits are generally distributed under a very
liberal "BSD-like" license which asserts our copyright, but allows any
and all reuse, including commercial, closed-source applications.

A few of the higher-level packages (eg. Zebra) are licensed under the
GPL. Check the license specifications of each package and contact us if
you're in doubt. Other forms of licensing can be negotiated for
commercial purposes." http://www.indexdata.dk/technologies/open_source/