[Fsfe-ie] OpenCD3 installer problems

- M e l - hashbang at oceanfree.net
Wed Aug 3 09:50:22 CEST 2005

All

Didn't have any joy over the bank holiday weekend getting past the GRUB problems
I described on http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/McWeeney/SU-OpenCD3 so I
downloaded the VERY latest Gnoppix (well it was last weekend but I just saw
there's a whatever...6....iso and I got (from memory .....1.5.1..iso).

Has anyone had success with the installer.  Yes it runs, but no it won't do
GRUB after installing and rebooting.  I've replaced my MBR a few times on the
machines I tried it on.

In case it's of interest, there's a new Beatrix....1F.iso available on http://www.watsky.net/download.html
and it only takes up 200mb (fits on a mini).  That gives us loads of options
if we go that route about what else to put on the CD.

I'll only be able to try the "..6...iso Gnoppix" and new Beatrix at the weekend.
 If someone else gets there first, be my guest.  Anyone trying this, please
tell me as well, if Beatrix updates from Hoary andor Breezy packages.

I saw somewhere that some (unrelated to this AFAIK) instructions wouldn't work
on Warty, only Hoary, because of changes in the directory structure.  Maybe
this was to overcome the criticism that Ubuntu was bad for Debian by deviating
from Debian standards.

Any opinions welcome.
Mel
Get BT Broadband from only EUR15 per month! Enjoy always-on internet
for less! Check it out at http://www.btireland.ie