[Fsfe-ie] [greve at fsfeurope.org: Re: Application for FSFE Affiliation from Irish Free Software Organisation]

David Cathcart david at cathcart.cx
Tue Apr 5 20:39:19 CEST 2005

IFSO has been accepted as an FSFE associate organisation. :)
David C.

----- Forwarded message from "Georg C. F. Greve" <greve at fsfeurope.org> -----

Dear Glenn,
Dear friends at IFSO,

 || On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:35:44 +0000
 || Glenn Strong <Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie> wrote:

 gs> I am writing to you as a representative of the Irish Free
 gs> Software Organisation. At out Annual General Meeting on the 23rd
 gs> of this month it was unanimously agreed that we should make an
 gs> application for affiliation with FSF Europe. With this mail we
 gs> are making that application.

With great pleasure I can inform you that your application has been
approved with strong support. IFSO is now an official associate
organisation of the Free Software Foundation Europe.

In order to intensify the our work, these steps are now possible and
seem concretely useful:

   inquiries" to Free Software activities in Ireland and populate with
   active IFSO people.

 - Create Associate Organisation information at
   http://fsfeurope.org/associates/ifso
   which is entirely at your disposal.

 - Prepare press announcement to bring the good news to the people,
   this should be done on pr at fsfeurope.org -- if you have one or two
   people who are working on PR issues and might be interested in
   participating in the coordination of FSFE PR, they could be added
   to the list.

After meeting you in Ireland, I am very happy to see this happen and
am looking forward to our next meeting -- if some of you are
interested, you could consider coming to GNU/LinuxTag in Karlsruhe and
inform people about Free Software, Irish Activities and IFSO at the
FSFE booth.

Best regards,
Georg

--