[Fsfe-ie] Help on article on Software patents

Glenn Strong Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Sep 24 13:28:49 CEST 2004

On Friday, September 24, 2004 at 12:03 +0100, Malcolm Tyrrell wrote:

> > I believe the patents directive is not on the agenda for todays Council
> > Of Ministers meeting and have been unable to find out when the new
> > directive will be before the European Parliament.
>
> This is interesting news. If I have time on Saturday, I will try to
> find out what is happening.

Via swpats.ffii.org:

http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=9554841
  "Officially, the council has experienced translation difficulties
  with the new official languages of the EU," said Daniel Cohn-Bendit,
  co-president of the Greens/EFA Group. "In reality this file is
  returning to Coreper in order to allow the technical discussions
  between experts from the member states to continue."

(also http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/24/software_patents_delayed/ )

--
Glenn Strong