[Fsfe-ie] Call for mutual support between European and US advocates

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Thu Oct 21 11:06:16 CEST 2004

Hi Aiden.

> I'd actually reverse the order of these points turning
>
> > 1) the right to own fully-functional computers;
> > 2) the right to make flexible use of published information; and
> > 3) the right to express logic in code freely.
>
> into
> 1) the right to express logic in code freely,
> 2) the right to make flexible use of published information, and
> 3) the right to own fully-functional computers.

I'm sympathetic with many of your points. Whether these are rights or not
is certainly debatable. Nevertheless, the point of Seth's call is to find
common ground. I think that IFSO can support these three aims as stated.
If any of you disagree, please say so as this is an important issue of
IFSO's position. Anyway, it would be my opinion that the term "flexible"
in point 2 is ambiguous enough to allow us to be supportive.

Good luck,

Malcohol.