[Fsfe-ie] New Commissioners on Software Patents

Ciaran Moore cjmoore at eircom.net
Thu Oct 14 02:53:16 CEST 2004

Re:

I'm not clear on what power the commission has now that the Patent directive
is with the Council and Parliament. Perhaps we should consider a McCreevy
letter as well?

by Malcolm.

When I was ringing around doing an article on this (still to be published)
Proinsias de Rossa's office told me that if the Council and Parliament can't
come to an agreement the commission steps back in to manage the process more
closely. It is their responsibility to get a directive through  so they are
likely to be involved again next year as long as the Parliament holds firm
on the second reading.

Ciaran