[Fsfe-ie] Re: RMS Talk media files (MS compatible format?)

Conor Daly conor.daly at met.ie
Mon May 31 14:15:06 CEST 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:47:57PM +0100 or thereabouts, Ian Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:17:34 +0000, Conor Daly <conor.daly at met.ie> wrote:
> > I've a request from somebody in ENTEMP's IP unit for a transcript of the
> > talk.  Is there one?  Any plan to make one?
> >
> > Looking at http://www.ifso.ie/news.html#n8 there are audio files in speex
> > and OggVorbis.  Are either of these playable with MS Windows software?  Add
> > in software?  Can MS compatible files be made available also?
>
> I think OggVorbis should be quite widely supported on Windows, what
> player software have you tried to use?

I haven't (not using Windows), apart from a brief attempt with WMP which
"cannot open".  I want to be able to point the ENTEMP person at a link she
can simply click on in IE, otherwise they may not bother...

The Win2k machine I have access to at work doesn't recognise any of the
formats as 'registered' apart from the mpeg video.

I can't even get to http://www.speex.org through our proxy to look for
players...

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.