[Fsfe-ie] RMS Talk and invitations

Conor Daly conor.daly at met.ie
Wed May 19 15:54:17 CEST 2004

I've just been on the phone to Tony McGrath of ENTEMP's Intellectual
Property Unit to inform him of the upcoming RMS talk.  He tells me that he
hasn't yet received an official invitation to the talk.  I have informally
invited him and asked him to invite others in the unit but can someone
representing IFSO-IE formally invite him/them?  His mail address is:

Tony McGrath,
Intellectual Property Unit,
Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment,
3rd Floor
Earlsfort Centre,
Lower Hatch Street,
Dublin 2.

Fax 01-6312561

Incidentally, he still believes the text precludes swpats though I did
attempt to suggest that the typical patent claim of "a machine running a
program to..." was effectively a software patent by virtue of the 'machine'
being a generic computer.  I don't know if he was convinced though...

He mentioned also that there is a reception in TCD from 1800-2000 on Monday
24th by some "Joint research group" to celebrate EU expansion.  Hopefully
that will not conflict with politicians attending RMS.  Does anyone in TCD
know about this?

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.