[Fsfe-ie] Computer scientists? Also, protest?

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Sat May 8 11:57:07 CEST 2004

Malcolm Tyrrell wrote:
> Also, do you think it would be useful to arrange a protest
> against software patents outside the Dail? I don't know
> how such things are arranged or whether they are effective.

I think it is a good idea, there are a number of demonstrations taking
place all over Europe according to http://demo.ffii.org/, and given
Ireland's central position in all of this, it is surprising that there
isn't yet one organised for Dublin.

I also don't have much experience in organising such things, but I
suspect that the first step is to choose a time and place.

Ian.