[Fsfe-ie] new plan: can IFSO host TWO talks by RMS?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Wed May 5 04:58:54 CEST 2004

David Cathcart writes:
> We're currently investigateing 3 places to host the talk(s).
> In order of suitability:

> 1. Earlsford Terrace, i just remembered that ucd still havs a presence

> 2. Astra Hall, sutdent building ucd, possibly open later than earlsford

> 3. Arts block ucd, this is a confirmed good, i called them today.

If there's much of a capacity difference, maybe we should just go with
whichever is biggest?

I don't know how many to expect but 300-500 probably wouldn't be impossible.

> I'd like to start booking rooms asap (can easily book 2 and cancle one
> or all). If saturday night (after 6) isnt essential (due to flights) it
> would suit us better to hold it in the afternoon.

I've sent him a mail asking if saturday @ 14:00 and Monday @ 20:00 would be
suitable.  I'd say I'll get a response by wednesday midnight, or thursday
morning.  Hopefully we can start booking stuff then.

I'm eager to finalise stuff too, so that we can start promoting it.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/