[Fsfe-ie] new plan: can IFSO host TWO talks by RMS?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Wed May 5 01:53:49 CEST 2004

RMS is available from the 22-24th (Sat-Mon), and is willing to give both his
free software and his software patents talks.

It seems to be hard to get a venue on a Sunday, so I'll ask him to give his
free software speech on the Saturday and his software patents speech on the
Monday.

On Saturday we have UCD for a venue (thanks to David Cathcart)
 -are there any time constraints on this? I suppose evening is best?

On Monday we'd have (?)
 -UCD again would be good, or a city centre venue?

Is this all the right idea?

The reason for the order of the talks is that his free software speech would
have broader appeal and could increase the turn out for his software patents
speech.  Also, I have it in my head that politicians are more likely to
attend events during the week (?), so it'd be good to have them hear the
software patents speech.

I think we should invite as many politicians as possible to these talks
(such as Mary Hanafin, as Éibhear suggested) I don't know the procedure for
this so I'll ask a friendly MEP.  (Ryan? do you know?)

(correct me where I'm wrong, I'm trying to get the dates set asap so that we
can publicise the event(s), so I haven't researched anything exhaustively.)

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/