[Fsfe-ie] IFSO logo

Cathal Mc Ginley cathalmcginley at eircom.net
Wed Mar 17 00:55:41 CET 2004

Malcolm Tyrrell wrote:

>Before we decide, I have one (pedantic) query. Where did the original
>font come from and can we be sure that there is no copyright issue
>involved with scanning it?

The font was scanned from "Aodh Mac Aingil agus scoil Nua-Ghaedhilge i
Lobháin" by Tomás Ó Cléirigh,  (Dublin, 1935). It seems to have been
published by 'Foillseachán Rialtas' - i.e. the government publishing
house. If there's still copyright contention on the /font/ after that
amount of time, then that's grounds for protest in and of itself :o)

B.T.W. I'm doing up a slightly better resolution version of the modified
logo,
hopefully in vector graphic format, to eliminate some of the crooked edges.
The first ones I posted were just quick sketches, after all.

Cheers

    -   C.

--
When we speak of free