[Fsfe-ie] IFSO logo

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Fri Mar 12 11:15:41 CET 2004

Hi there.

Last night at the meeting, we discussed the logo options. Firstly, we would
like to thank everyone who provided one as they were all good.

On the Gnu/Harp issue, we agreed not to use it for our main logo.

We have decided to use a variant of one of the following two:
* the second on this page:
  http://homepage.eircom.net/~cathalmcginley/logos.html
  We like this, but feel the s and f are slightly too bunched.
* or this one:
  http://www.cs.tcd.ie/David.OCallaghan/images/ifso/
  Here, we feel that there is too much whitespace between the letters.

In both cases, we feel the title "Irish Free Software Organisation"
should be written underneath the logo in a single line of text (probably
in Roman or similar font). This would only be used to the big versions
of the logo.

Cathal and David: if you have time, would you mind creating some
variants according to these suggestions.

I think we'll probably make a decision pretty quickly.

Good luck,

Malcohol.