[Fsfe-ie] BBC E-mail: Fight for the right to program

Mel McWeeney mmcweeney at oceanfree.net
Thu Jun 10 10:06:54 CEST 2004

Mel McWeeney saw this story on BBC News Online and thought you
should see it.

** Message **
FYI -I've been told that one of the bigwigs at the BBC IT Newsdesk is fairly much of our mindset.  This link is worth a visit, especially as (Being from the BBC) the average non-tech is gonna see it as more mainstream.
Mel

** Fight for the right to program **
It may not be a cool rallying cry, but technology analyst Bill Thompson wants to keep patents away from software.
< http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/technology/3782771.stm >

** BBC Daily E-mail **
Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them, all
in one daily e-mail
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/dailyemail/ >

** Disclaimer **
The BBC is not responsible for the content of this
e-mail, and anything said in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect
the BBC's views.

If you don't wish to receive such mails in the future, please e-mail
webmasters at bbc.co.uk making sure you include the following text: I do
not want to receive "E-mail a friend" mailings.