[Fsfe-ie] The mic never came my way

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Wed Jun 9 11:17:16 CEST 2004

Hi there.

I went to the Vincent Brown/MEP thing last night. I had
my hand raised to ask the software patent question but
there were a lot of others trying to ask questions and I
didn't get a chance.

Afterwards everyone cleared out pretty quickly but I did
manage to speak, very briefly, to Proinsias De Rossa.
I got the feeling that he seemed to regard the lobbying
against the directive as excessive and possibly
detrimental to the cause. I asked him if he felt the
parliament would restore the amendments. He said it's
impossible to know, given that there'll be a new
parliament, and that there could even be shifts for or
against within (European) party blocks.

Malcohol.