[Fsfe-ie] Ireland to build register of 3g phone users

adam beecher adam at beecher.net
Wed Jun 2 12:21:14 CEST 2004

> register to control digital cameras, camcorders? For that matter, if the
> issue
> is 'carrying video clips', how about registering all flash cards, CD-ROMS,
> etc?

Eh, computers and Internet access also. And Sky+ for that matter.

McDowell has been following Blunkett (and latterly Straw) down the
"announce something horrendous to get something slightly less horrendous"
route since he came into office, so I'd be inclined to look for something
else here. Off the top of my head, I'm guessing it's a play for "3G taps"?

adam