[Fsfe-ie] RMS talk, copyright and license

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Tue Jun 1 15:45:05 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 01:02:31PM +0100 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
David Cathcart thought:
> Technically i own the copyright, but i hereby give it to the ifso.
> I suggested a faily free liscence that would allow things like this.
> Possibly something like:
>
> Copyright 2004 Ifso.
>  Verbatim copying, distribution, and perforance of all or part of these
>  video/audio recordings is permitted in any medium provided this notice
> is preserved.

Might I suggest you retain copyright and assign full rights to ifso such
that it remains within someone's control should ifso expire.

I presume your email is not sufficient legal assignment of rights and
you'd have to do it in writing also.  Is this correct?

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)