[Fsfe-ie] Notes from the last meeting
Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Mon Jan 19 13:37:43 CET 2004
I've included my notes on the last IFSO discussion below. Apologies to
absolutely everyone for my tardiness in posting this.
The date of the next IFSO meeting is Thursday the 12th of February
(keeping to our usual 2nd Thursday rules).
January 8th 2004
Present: Glenn Strong
* There was a quick discussion about getting a PO Box, but the cost
was considerable. It was decided not do purchase one now.
* There was a general consensus that the web site looks well. A few
suggestions were made to improve the content.
* We were asked to note that the mailing list archives are viewable
by non list-members.
* Arranging a committee GPG key was discussed.
* Aidan volunteered to act as a contact for new members who wish to
join by post.
* We accepted membership application from those present.
* Teresa informed us that Software Patents would be discussed again
in May, and that there are some dates quite soon that we should
act by. She offered to post more information to the list (which
has now happened).
* Ciaran offered to produce a draft letter on patents, which could
be circulated for discussion.
* The IPR Directive is on the agenda for the 9th February meeting of
the Parliament, and we should consider contacting our MEPs before
* There was some discussion about a possible IFSO conference. It was
decided to defer this for further discussion (particularly
* Alan distributed a number of copies of the "World Information"
And, naturally, all the usual discussion on linux distributions,
emacs, and everything else.
More information about the FSFE-IE