[Fsfe-ie] Irish presidency brochure on Competitiveness priorities

David Golden david at oldr.net
Fri Jan 9 21:33:02 CET 2004

On Fri 09 Jan 2004 18:50, James Heald wrote:

> Is this a new linguistic formula to look out for, emphasising the
> "protection" of software inventions, and leaving carefully blurred the
> question of whether this requires "patent protection" or "copyright
> protection" ?

Note the assumption that software is an invention in the first place, which is
something I know I disagree with in itself.   If people start thinking
software is "invented", rather than "written" (as I as a mathematically
literate software developer think of it), then it will be much easier to
argue for patenting.