[Fsfe-ie] perspective on e-voting

Cathal Mc Ginley cathalmcginley at eircom.net
Sat Feb 28 02:38:52 CET 2004

Is anyone at IFSO doing anything on the e-voting campaign at the moment?

I realize there are at least two other campaigns opposing the rapid
introduction of electronic voting in Ireland.[1] Is there still a
desire for us to give the free software angle on this, maybe along the
lines of 'Electronic voting must not use secret software'.

Whom would we be targeting? I get the impression we'd have more luck
giving choice arguments to the opposition than in attempting to
convince the government to see reason. If the arguments are good
enough, Pat Rabbitte and the like would do the hard work of bringing
it to the mainstream media.

   -  Cathal.

[1] * Irish Citizens for Trustworthy E-voting http://evoting.cs.may.ie/
    * At What Cost? http://www.atwhatcost.info/