[Fsfe-ie] IFSO logo, IPRE, lessig Vs. valenti, GPLv3

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Fri Feb 13 13:52:13 CET 2004

just following up on a few bits from last night:

* For anyone that hasn't seen the proposed IFSO logo:
  http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/images/not-the-ifso-logo.png
  If we don't get something better soon - we just might start putting
  this at the top of our letters.[0]

* The url for the Lessig Vs. Valenti debate I mentioned is:
  http://radio.eff.org/radio_shows/lessig_valenti.mp3
  (well worth a listen, valenti is quite impressive IMO)

  (other good stuff at http://radio.eff.org/ and
   http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/audio/ )

* The third issue (that I couldn't remember) that GPLv3 might address
  is Trusted Computing (the first two being patent litigation and the
  webservices loophole).

* The site has now been updated with the as-sent copy of the IPRE
  letter and the ipre info page has been updated (thanks to teresa).

[0] that's a gnu playing a harp, not a horned pig chewing a blanket.
--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/