[Fsfe-ie] RTE Morning Ireland piece on MyDoom virus

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Tue Feb 3 02:21:12 CET 2004

Ben North writes:
> there was a piece about the MyDoom virus.  They interviewed some
> 'expert' about this, and the expert said that in his opinion the virus
> was most likely written by some open-source supporters.  He said a few
> other annoying things as well, but would it be appropriate for IFSO to
> write a quick email to RTE saying [...]

In the short run, I think the best thing to do is send a personal email.
That's what I do anyway.  In the long run, we should make some quick
procedure for sending stuff "from IFSO".  I'll bring it up at the next
meeting.

If people do write such emails, please send a copy to the list so we can
build up good responses to issues that might come up again.

The IFSO FAQ is still on my todo list but I'm snowed under this week.

>  Also, should we have a "press at ifso.info" email
> address to send things like this out from?

yeh, we need a few @ifso addresses.  I can get them set up, but I was
waiting for the ifso.ie domain name (soon?)

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/