[Fsfe-ie] Wiki

Glenn Strong Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Tue Aug 31 12:55:51 CEST 2004

On Monday, August 30, 2004 at 16:00 -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> > As an experiment I have made a wiki available at ifso.ie, in the hope
> > that it can be used for all the things a wiki is usually used for
> > (community memory, collaborative document editing, etc).
> >
> >                  http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi

> My top tip -- ensure "commit" messages for all changes go to this list.
> otherwise in my experience the wiki will "wither on the vine" and/or
> fall victim to wiki spammers.

Good idea. I have hacked up something based on rss2email to do a daily
update of changes (the hacking was to get it to send one email instead
of one per change - I assume nobody wants dozens of messages a day,
which is what you'll get if there's heavy editing going on).

I subscribe to the changes myself, and I assume others will too, so
wiki spammers will get spotted faster than these updates will show.

--
Glenn Strong