[Fsfe-ie] Groklaw on patents in Europe.

adam beecher lists at beecher.net
Mon Aug 23 12:20:41 CEST 2004

Ian,

Sorry to lecture, but this bugs the living doodoo out of me...

> This is a terrible idea...

When you want someone to listen to your opinion, telling them they have
"terrible idea(s)" usually isn't a good way to start. How would you respond
to someone that started a conversation with you like that? This kind of
offensive (as in "going on the") communication is a massive issue for the
Free Software and Open Source movements, in my opinion. Wouldn't something
like "I don't think this is a good idea" have been a much nicer way of
kicking your feedback off? Or is "nice" passé now, cos Richard Stallman and
Eric Raymond don't do it?

adam