[Fsfe-ie] IFSO meeting *TODAY* Mahaffey's 2000h
ben at redfrontdoor.org
Tue Aug 17 14:35:50 CEST 2004
Quoting Malcolm Tyrrell:
> [...] the meeting is TODAY: The third Tuesday of the month.
I'm afraid I can't make this evening's meeting, but there are a couple
of points I'd like to raise:
* If our finances are in a reasonable state, I have a couple of
* Ciaran has been hampered by not having a printer --- should IFSO
* How much was the P.O. Box? I was looking over the letterhead and I
think it would give a much better impression of a Real Organisation
if we could put a permanent postal address on it somewhere. I seem
to recall it was not cheap, but I think it's important and would
help our comments to politicians, civil servants, etc. be taken
* I had a couple of other suggestions about the letter style too: (I'm
not pretending to be a graphic designer so feel free to ignore me.)
* Remove the rules and replace with a bit more space.
* For second and subsequent pages: maybe remove everything at the top,
and just have a footer.
* Always put the subject bold, centred. (Don't treat open and "to
somebody in particular" letters differently.)
* For the footer: postal address, officers' names, web address
arranged somehow in two lines, quite small, all caps? Same for
initial page and subsequent pages.
* Then there's no "from address" at the top right.
I roughed out a couple of these and can work on it more if that would
be helpful. I like it overall.
More information about the FSFE-IE