[Fsfe-ie] Can this be true?? Linux migration stopped....

Aidan Delaney adelaney at cs.may.ie
Thu Aug 5 12:05:08 CEST 2004

Barry,
    If this is true, it's the best thing that could ever happen.  Say,
have you heard about a little German town called Munich where they
wanted to migrate away from paying high software licence fees and kick-
start the local software industry?  Well the same forces that are making
them pay high licence fees are also stopping the migration due to
something that need not happen, i.e. software patents.
    The next time your M.E.P. tells you that "software patents have
never affected anyone" recant my little story about the sleepy Bavarian
village.  I take my hat off to the Germans, they've got balls and good
timing.
Aidan Delaney   email: adelaney at cs.may.ie
                web:   http://www.cs.may.ie/~adelaney
                gpg:   http://www.cs.may.ie/~adelaney/public_key.asc