[Fsfe-ie] Free Software for Schools - Urgent

Éibhear ifso at gibiris.org
Mon Apr 19 15:46:12 CEST 2004

--------- Original Message --------
From: Malcolm Tyrrell <malcohol at eircom.net>

> Can anyone out there give
> me some useful suggestions?

Hi,

This is slightly OT for John and Malcolm's requirements for tomorrow.

Have a look at Freeduc, at http://www.ofset.org/freeduc/, by the
Organisation for Free Software in Education and Traninng (ofset).

It's a knoppix-based live CD with buckets of free software education and
training programs. Categories include maths, sciences, technology geography,
languages and educational games, among others.

I got it as a CD on the cover of Linux Format over a year ago. If you can
get a copy of it burnt for tomorrow, it would blow some teachers' minds, I'm
sure.