[Fsfe-ie] 1-page letter, faxes at the ready

Ian Clarke ian at freenetproject.org
Thu Sep 25 19:27:58 CEST 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 10:53:15AM +0100, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> They got loads of "Say NO to software patents", which McCarthy countered
> by saying that her proposal didn't create software patents.  What the
> MEPs were asking for was a education about what exactly was bad about
> the directive.  This sort of information can only come from a small
> number of informed people (preferably with peer review).

Somewhat coincedentally I am working on a tool, a website, designed to
facilitate collaborative authoring of documents (email/webpage/whatever)
where users get to vote on each modification before it is applied to the
document, and where moderations conflict with each-other users can vote
for which they like most.

It is more-or-less working on my computer, I just have to move it to a
public server.  As soon as I do I will email here with the URL (it will
be http://3D17.org/) and you can all help me to beta-test it ;-)

Ian.

Ian Clarke                			            ian at locut.us
Coordinator, The Freenet Project	      http://freenetproject.org/