[Fsfe-ie] Summary of meeting #3
Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Thu Sep 4 13:14:41 CEST 2003
Discussion, topics, and suggestions:
- Given the current focus, would it be useful to organise an anti
e-patent body independent of FFII?
- We could provide a "throwaway" web site
(e.g. irish-anti-e-patents.org) that we could direct
- We should assemble a list of current amendments (as they come out)
- remove the proposer information (to remove any prejudice
that may be associated with the name).
- Identify each as a Yes/No for our position.
- Briefly discuss our reasoning for each decision.
Use these to indicate to our MEPs the kind of amendments we
would consider acceptable and unacceptable.
- There was some question as to what would actually happen if the
directive was passed - precisely what changes would be made to
- We should produce a challenge to Arlene McCarthy's Fact Sheet
(that is, a specific response document that addresses the
Myth/Fact items McCarthy listed here:
And also, of course, considerable discussion of (among others)
hardware, software and recumbent bicycles.
More information about the FSFE-IE