[Fsfe-ie] patents status withdrawl etc.

Niall Douglas s_fsfeurope2 at nedprod.com
Thu Sep 4 03:45:51 CEST 2003

On 31 Aug 2003 at 21:13, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> We should probably hold our action until we hear the details of the
> Mr.Crowley situation, I'll forward all info as soon as I get it.

I have had a long conversation with him by letter working through 
conceptual points regarding patenting of software. He's a bright guy 
and I'm pretty sure he could now make a good technical argument on 
his own.

However, I have still offered my services to review JURI documents 
and act as advisor to that committee. It's in no one's best interests 
for JURI to propose another directive which will be knocked back to 
it. However, given the ringing endorsement JURI gave the current 
draft (it's full of very conservative types with strong connections 
to big business), I'm not hopeful.


More information about the FSFE-IE mailing list