[Fsfe-ie] The big amendment we want

Niall Douglas s_fsfeurope2 at nedprod.com
Thu Sep 4 03:45:51 CEST 2003

On 2 Sep 2003 at 18:17, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> What should we do?
> I think a very small note to our MEPs would be good.
> They know that many of us hate the current proposed
> directive, but they don't know that we all support
> this amendment, so a half-page mail/post/fax saying
> "When we said NO, this is what we meant".  Might
> be the best?
>
> (we don't want them snowed under with long texts)
>
> comments?

My major problem with the FFII amendments is that I think it should
include a clause saying that all EPO software patents registered
before the start date of the directive should become null and void.

I know that's a bit radical and would draw horrendous lobbying from
the pro-swpat people, but it's a two-edged sword for them - because
the more they lobby, the more really evil patent examples from the
EPO we can make public.

Strategy people, strategy.

Cheers,
Niall