POTD was Re: [Fsfe-ie] For the record...

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Tue Sep 2 22:15:46 CEST 2003

Wed/2000h/BenShaws is perfect for me.

The BenShaws map is still at:
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/images/benshaws.png

I'm suffering bad mail lag, it might be the fsf.org
machine so if anyone needs to contact me, try
'coriordan at compsoc dot com'.  I'll keep an eye on
the fsfe-ie archives too.

Things I'd like to bring up, (in semi-order of importance):

* Telling our MEPs that we support the Castro/Crowley amendment
  I'd like to contact as many MEPs as possible.  Is posting
  another letter overkill? should we dig out email and fax
  details instead? A joint letter?

* Analysing what we did wrong with the last letter?
  general critissims.  (When I was asking people for ID details,
  I should have also asked if it was okay to reuse their info
  for subsequent letters of similar content on this one topic)

* Where's the EU overkill copyright directive at the moment?
  Isn't the committee vote coming up on Sept 11?
  Should we be working on this yet/soon/after-patents?

* Does anyone know what "The Community Patent" is?
  Some kinda upcoming EU thing...

* Anyone want a copy of "Free Software: Free Society, collected
  essays of Richard Stallman"? (I have a spare)

* Has anyone registered a .ie domain before?

* I got a mail today from a Belgiun that read our letter.  He's
  offered to translate it into French and says he might be able
  to have it translated to Danish and Spanish too.  I've told
  him it's too late for that letter, but we may want a future
  letter translated.  (nice offer)

* Has anyone kept track of which MEPs are on our side?

Ciaran.