[Fsfe-ie] McCarthy report withdrawn!

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Tue Sep 2 05:47:09 CEST 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 03:27:52PM +0100, Aidan Delaney wrote:

> >[P. De Rossa's assistant said] that it will be debated in EP
> > on 22-25th of September.
>
> So when is it coming back from JURI??

I don't think the 22nd/25th of Sept date is definite.  The 22nd
is the next plenary session but the woman at the Irish European
Union office told me that it's unlikely to be scheduled so soon,
and that an October plenary session would be more likely.

The FFII press release says:
"The debate and vote may now take place in the next session (September
 22-26) or at a later date, subject to decision next week."

same text at:
http://wiki.ael.be/index.php/PressRelease200000

I can't find any info about a date for the next JURI vote.

The AEL / FFII press releases say that the postponment decision
was made on thursday afternoon by "The presidents of the
political/transnational groups".  I think this is a reference
to the "Conference of Presidents", thursday 1500h:
http://wwwdb.europarl.eu.int/ep/owa/p_calag.oj?ipid=0&imn=1683&ilg=EN&iorig=

No mention of our favourite directive but item three on the agenda
is "Adoption of ... agenda for the September I .. scheduling of debates".
The patents vote could have been postponed under that heading.
There's no info on the JURI homepage or anywhere else that I've looked.

That's it.  I searched high and low and turned up blank.  Maybe the
dates aren't set yet.

ciaran.