Objective of IFSO Re: [Fsfe-ie] stuff from the past week [adelaney at cs.may.ie]

Aidan Delaney adelaney at cs.may.ie
Tue Oct 28 11:45:09 CET 2003

> FWIW, I agree.   Whether it's GPL, Artistic, or whatever, if it's a
> DFSG-compliant open source license, I'm happy with it, and I'm
> generally
> happy for someone to speak for me on that basis.
>
> What about adopting the reasonably inclusive "free/libre and open
> source
> software"?   http://www.flora.ca/floss.shtml
Again, we're talking about software that gives people four freedoms and
thus the licence fits the definition of Free Software.  In this
situation I think the term Free Software fits the bill.  Why would we
use the term FLOSS when we are specifically talking about the four
freedoms of Free Software?
--
Thank you,
Aidan Delaney.