[Fsfe-ie] stuff from the past week

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Mon Oct 27 21:14:13 CET 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 04:13:45PM -0000, adam beecher wrote:
> > This needs to be stated explicitly:
> > My intention is to help found an FS org.
> >
> This is fine, and since I release some of my code under the GPL, if there
> was anything I could do to help I would.

Great.

> However I'm far from a free software purist

Help is help.
I don't mind what a persons beliefs are, the mission doesn't change,
we've a lot of work to do, and all help is appreciated.

> > An Irish EFF would be great, there is definitely a need for both
> > organisations.  I read about that EFF attempt in the
> > freedom at lists.beecher.net list archives but got no response when I
> > mailed the guy who seemed to be leading it.
> >
> I guess that would have been me. I don't remember getting an email from you
> at the time,

I must have missread the situation.  I mailed a diego [at] dynamicobjects.com.

> > if you're in Dublin on Nov 13th, it would be great if you could drop
> > into the fsfe-ie meeting.  Or if Nov 13th is no good, we could hold an
> > extra meeting if you're interested.
> >
> It's unlikely I'll get to Dublin before the weekend of the 28th, but if I do
> I'll let the list know.

okay.  The following meeting should be Dec 11th.  Dublin is the only
county where it's practical to hold meetings at the moment, so if folk
from outside are visiting, I think it's a good idea to hold mini
meetings to make sure everyone gets to take part as much as possible.

This goes for all that can't attend the regular meetings: if a certain
date is possible, let the list know.

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/