[Fsfe-ie] a committee for IFSO

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Wed Nov 26 21:55:02 CET 2003

Glenn Strong <Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie> writes:
> On Wednesday, November 26, 2003 at 09:07 -0000, adam beecher wrote:

> There seems to be both a general opinion that the committee should be
> around 5 or 6, but a shortage of volunteers to get to that size.

> One way to break that deadlock is: form the committee now with the
> people available as an initial committee, and entrust them to recruit
> {2,3,whatever}...

I'm still in favour of 3.  As you said, more people suggest 5 or 6,
but only 4 have stepped up.  So how about we go with 4, and increase to
5 or 6 at the first annual elections.

whatever size we go with, I'd like to see this issue burried.  We'll
have democratic elections after 12 months, the committee should indeed
be increase to 5 or 6 then, but until then I'd prefer this issue didn't
have to surface again.  It's been a distraction already, and 12 months
isn't such a long time anyway.

The four being:
me
malcolm
aidan
glenn

This is no ones first choice, but is it good enough so that we can sign
off on it and move on?

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/