[Fsfe-ie] EUCD, status, todo

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Wed Nov 26 20:24:39 CET 2003

jm at jmason.org (Justin Mason) writes:
> Thanks very much for the roundup Ciaran!

No problem, I'll try to do one for the IPR enforcement directive soon.

> Ciaran O'Riordan writes:
> >In the plenary stage, a Ms. Teresa Hackett was working on this
> >directive,
>
> You mean "working on" in terms of *outside* government, not *inside*
> working on the adoption, right?

oh yeh, she was working outside of government, from Norway on behalf of
EBLIDA, as you mention later (yes, same person).

> Any idea who'll be working on the implementation in the civil service?

Tony McGrath is the man in charge of producing(*) the draft, he's in
consultation with the Attorney General at the moment.

*Producing: I'm not sure if he's writing it or what.  Also, I don't know
 who or what exactly the Attorney General is.

I get the feeling that Ireland isn't putting much resources into
drafting this implementation.  I think it's just Mr. McGrath, and he
also has other work to be doing, so I recommend a low volume of
well researched comments.

Maybe it's best to wait for the public draft, I'm not sure.  If it takes
too long, I'll probably go ahead and start a letter.

Hopefully, myself, Teresa, and Ben can discuss tactics etc. on December
11th (plus anyone else interested).  I'll post a thourough minutes of
such a discussion.  Ben is on the list, Teresa isn't.

(agh, I know I *still* haven't posted minutes from the last meeting, but
it's mostly because not much got discussed other than the charter and
GNU Emacs)

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/