[Fsfe-ie] a committee for IFSO

Glenn Strong Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Sun Nov 23 13:56:13 CET 2003

On , November 19, 2003 at 18:10 +0000, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> Hi all.
> For IFSO to be an organisation, it needs a committee, so I'm going to
> propose one.
[...]
> So my proposal for the committee is:
> Me
> Malcolm Tyrrell
> Aidan Delaney

I'd second these people to be on the committee.

However, I'd prefer it if the committee was a little larger. I
personally think a 5 or even 6 person committee would be in a better
position to guide IFSO through the first year, where we should expect
substantial growth and attendant workload for everyone running the
organisation. Many hands make light work, and so on.

As long as everyone on the committee is committed (heh) to the goals
of IFSO I don't think keeping it very small is beneficial.

I'll volunteer to do some of that work on the committee - I have
experience with looking after the administrivia of our research group
here in TCD, and with organising meetings and conferences - and I'm
sure there are at least one or two more people on the list who would
also be willing to stand up. Anyone?

--
Glenn Strong