[Fsfe-ie] IFSO vrs. Alternatives

Paul Reilly paulr at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Nov 7 02:13:09 CET 2003

> I would have said the main IFSO difference is that we will operate in
> Ireland, focusing on threats to software freedom in Ireland, and
> providing a information point for Free Software in Ireland.

Yes, that is more or less what I was saying.
Certainly we can encourage and endorse the translation of software
in to Irish, but we should not get too way layed by it.

> much.  My preference is for "Free Software", since that's the name of
> the movement we are representing, but it's not a show stopper for me.
> "IFSO" does have a good ring to it though.)

Yeah, I tend to agree too. And as someone said already, if people ask
what it means it's the prefect plug to explain the whole concept to
them.

Paul