[Fsfe-ie] small Irish Free Software gathering, RSVP

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Fri Jun 20 17:45:03 CEST 2003

Hello all,
  This list was created to foster some kind of Free Software
community in Ireland, so to get things started, how about
a small pub gathering so that we can find out who we are?

  A Dublin city pub will be easiest for the majority to
reach, non-dubliners could maybe start a thread to
find out what other counties could host similar meetings.

So, the proposal is:
Wednesday, the 2nd of July, at around 1930, in Messr Maquires.

Topics for discussion could include:
 FreeSoftware adoption in Government/Schools,
 Legal Threats such as software patents (and what we can do),
 FreeSoftware projects people are working on,
 Work that the FSF wants volunteers to help out with, etc.
But the main goal is to find out who's interested in doing something.

Who's interested in coming along?