[Fsfe-ie] Notes from yesterdays meeting
Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Dec 12 16:34:56 CET 2003
A few notes from yesterday evening.
Present: Glenn Strong
The primary focus of the discussion was copyright law, specifically
the EUCD and the Enforcement Directive.
* We have committed to giving Tony McGrath our comments in an email
on Monday. The most pressing issue is therefore to collect our
arguments in a coherent manner by then.
* There was considerable discussion as to what changes/improvements
we would like to see in EUCD implementation. Malcolm and Ciaran
have already posted on the list about this so I won't rehash their
* Several suggestions were made about groups we should be talking to
in Ireland (particularly mentioned were libraries and consumer
rights organisations). Teresa will be contacting libraries and
will keep us informed.
* There was also some talk about promoting Free Software in schools
- John Evans on-list is interested, and Aidan has some experience
of doing this.
* Finally, the administrative paperwork to open an IFSO bank account
was done, and this should be done by next week.
More information about the FSFE-IE