[Fsfe-ie] EUCD/InfoSoc latest

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Thu Dec 11 17:22:12 CET 2003

Hi all,
  I've been talking to Martin Keegan of UKCDR.  He's concerned by item
#3 of the draft implementation.  Appearantly section 87 of the Irish
Copyright act was one of the best things Ireland had, so it's removal
is not good.  I'm looking into this further and will be talking to
martin again later, but thought I'd pass this on.

Anyone that wants to have a read of the Copyright act of 2000 can find
it here:
http://www.entemp.ie/copyright.pdf

Also, I mailed Tony McGrath, but I just told him the draft was quite
good be were concerned over the preservation of the publics right to
access a copyrighted work with their choice of software, commercial or
non-commercial.

I mention that we were meeting tonight and would hopefully have a joint
position prepared for Friday or Monday.

There's no indication of how long we have to comment on this.  The draft
was made available on Nov28th, and in a previous mail, Mr.McGrath said
that it was available for a "short comment period".

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/