[Fsfe-ie] Videoshop Mark 2 and other issues

John Evans jevans at eircom.net
Fri Dec 5 13:23:15 CET 2003

Hi All

Apologies to Adam Beecher (and svensk friend).

The explanatory text for the bullet points comes from from the HTML pasted
at the bottom of James Heald's mailing of Thu Dec4, with the english
translation credited to Niels Vestergaard Jensen / nvj at fys.ku.dk, and
nothing to do with me. I simply reordered the points to match the picture.

I also altered the .png file to try to catch the sense of the swedish [which
is different in interesting ways from the original danish :-) ], and the
look of the browser. I presume it is OK to alter this file in this way (and
ditto for the image I have produced!)

I have been sending some background briefing stuff on the swpat issue to the
Dublin office of MEP Proinsias de Rossa, and I thought that an english
language version of the Videoshop would be helpful to the ILP to circulate
as at least an intro to some of the ideas involved in the swpat issue. I
think it is a good idea not to underestimate the depth of public ignorance
of this issue.

Gerard Gibbons who manages the PdeR's Dublin office is interested in making
contact with the emerging IFSO. How would to like to do this?

He also tells me that if the Council does not reach a common position before
the EP elections (which will take place on 11 June), then the new EP simply
'reconfirms' all EP's first reading position at the first plenary in July.

Best Wishes

John Evans