[Fsfe-ie] Videoshop Mark 2

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Fri Dec 5 12:10:32 CET 2003

adam beecher wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>

>>I don't understand what this whole thing about turnover is about - much
>>simpler just to say "This website infringes the following patents:", I
>>think this whole 2% 5% business is just confusing the issue.
>>
> Joe Soap doesn't understand turnover but Joe CEO and his shareholders do, in
> fact they won't care about much else. Isn't that who this is targetted at?

I think Joe CEO would respond just as well to "you can get sued if you
do that" as to vague arguments about hypothetical percentages of revenue.

> Perhaps we could create another example more suited to consumers, perhaps
> explaining how patents are tacking a buck or two onto their purchases?

Hmmm, again, I think we are making this more complicated than it needs
to be by talking about specific and completely imaginary amounts of
money and percentages.  Lets keep it simple.

Ian.