[Fsfe-ie] Notes from last Thursday
Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Mon Dec 1 18:35:51 CET 2003
not minutes of an "official" meeting, whatever that might mean right
now. Just my sketchy notes of what Myself, Ciaran, Malcolm and Mel
discussed when we met in Benshaws for a few pints last week:
* We should press on with IFSO using a committee off 4 for
now. It doesn't seem like we're getting more volunteers in the
* We mentioned that it would be useful to talk to a lawyer or
solicitor who had some understanding of/interest in Free
Software. Ciaran thought he might know of somebody.
* What is represented at http://www.wsis-pct.org ? It looks
interesting (link via Ciaran, again).
* We should move forward with the IFSO web site ASAP.
* Related - does anybody have any talent/know anybody with any
talent who could do a logo? Malcolm suggested a GNU playing a
harp (which I must say I like, personally).
* The next official meeting will be on December 11th, and if we have
not signed the paperwork for IFSO by then we will do it at that
* The key active issues at the moment are Euro-swpatents and the
Irish EUCD implementation. We should also be considering some work
on Free Software advocacy (as well as defence) - for instance,
trying to promote the use of Free Software in charities. There was
a sense that IFSO should be working on that as well as the
Anybody want to add or correct anything?
More information about the FSFE-IE