[Fsfe-ie] McCarthy report withdrawn!

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Thu Aug 28 17:38:19 CEST 2003

Everyone,
  The software patents directive has been withdrawn!

I'ts been sent back to the committee stage to be fixed
because there was too much contraversy or too many amendments
requested.

It will go to plenary again after JURI do some more work on
it.  Possibly september 22nd, probably early October.

This kicks ass.

Here's my source (I confirmed it with a phone call)
----- Forwarded message from Sarah Sheil <ssheil at europarl.eu.int> -----