Wishes and updates

Fani Partsafyllidou fani at fsfe.org
Mo Dez 5 15:06:37 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Happy holidays full of time with your loved ones, and time to enjoy your
hobbies - whether it is cooking or coding. I am sharing with you some
information that I hope you will find interesting: a funding opportunity
from the EU, cool events, and ways you can contribute.

Funding for your FOSS project

European citizens, companies, and organisations can apply for a 5k-50k
grant for a FOSS project. The European Commission's NGI programm funds
development and additional activities that improve software quality. See
attachment and footnote [0].

Upcycle your Android + FOSDEM

Stay tuned as in January we are planning to hold an online Upcycle Your
Android workshop with guest experts. One of the topics will be microG
project, the Free Software clone of Google’s proprietary libraries [1].
Date TBC. Remember to stop at our booth in February in FOSDEM.

Get active!

Depending on your skills and availability, there are different ways you
can contribute to our activities and work, supporting software freedom.
For example, you can:

- Sign and share the open letter about the right to install any software
on any device [2].

- Share the Youth Hacking 4 Freedom call for registration with schools,
teachers and young people from your region. [3]

- Help translate our news into your native language. Please contact our
team member
Bonnie [4] to learn how the process works.

- Organise a public reading, in German or Ukranian, of the children's
book A&Z in a library. You can also donate the book to a public library
or to school.

- Give a talk about Free Software, what is it and why it is important,
at a public event such as a festival or a conference.

- You can support us financially with an amount you see fit. Your
donation will allow us to continue our work. In some countries the
donation is tax deductible. [5].

Please feel free to share your feedback with the FSFE team and let us
know how we
can help your local group or what topics are of your interest. Of
course, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Greetings,

Fani

[0] NGI Entrust page on the NLNet website https://nlnet.nl/entrust/
+ NLNet Application Form https://nlnet.nl/propose/