German Datacenter Association (was: Re: for FSFE German chapter)

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Sa Aug 12 11:25:59 UTC 2017

Hi Karsten,

# Karsten Dreifus [2017-08-12 09:37 +0200]:
> Are there any people from FSFE Germany in contact with
> http://www.germandatacenters.com/de/home/ I am thinking if some aspects of
> open source, open data initiatives can be put inside these organisations in
> the beginning?
> They have founded this since 10 August 2017 in Frankfurt.
> Related news:
> https://www.golem.de/news/german-datacenter-association-betreiber-von-rechenzentren-gruenden-lobbygruppe-1708-129450.html

Not to my knowledge, at least not officially. But you're right, this may
be a good opportunity. I'm forwarding your message to the FSFE's Team
Germany [1].

@all: If we wanted to highlight the relevance of Free Software for
datacenters, which specific benefits and reasons for supporting FLOSS
would you mention?

Best,
Max

[1] https://fsfe.org/de/

--
Max Mehl - Free Software Foundation Europe - Program Manager
Contact and further information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl