Open Source: A code that tells you what you cannot make use of, a policy.

Bernhard Fastenrath Bernhard.Fastenrath.2 at arcor.de
Sa Dez 6 10:20:33 UTC 2014

https://netzpolitik.org/wp-upload/polizeitux-241x300.png

Open Source
<https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Free_Software_And_Open_Source_Ethics>:
A code that tells you what you cannot make use of, a policy.

One could see it as unethical to cause unemployment and the quality of open
and free software is not guaranteed, the production process is not
certified and
not secured. Who can cause changes in the production process?

Thus Open Source is not useful in the standard case and consequently it is
a "code" that cannot be used (-> a policy that tells you what you cannot
use),
at least it's a metaphor for a code of conduct. (Which is something you lack
if you can cause unemployment or use uncertified products.)

( I did recommend a "CreativeCommons-NonCommercial" variant of the GPL
to the FSF, but was not successful. Strictly non commercial software would
be useful to restrict the possible economic damage of certain software
packages.
Another possibility would be to deny the right to distribute binaries.
As a source
distribution would be useless for most customers, but not for programmers. )

(The Tux penguin as a "policy" to the right.)

An unrelated forwarding in a related matter:

    School of the Future -> School for the Future -> Schooling for the
    Hilbert Hotel (basic right to a life after death?).eml

    Subject: